Setting diff tool permenantly in SourceTree.

atkalikar March 19, 2014

I use Araxis Merge as diff tool. Everytime I start SourceTree client I need to set Araxis merge as diff tool from Tools menu of SourceTree, I just want to get rid of it. Is there any way to set it permenantly?

6 answers

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

We probably need to make this clearer in SourceTree. If you don't allow SourceTree to modify your global Git/Hg config (specified in the 'General' tab of your prefs) then you can't set a diff tool. Just change that option and it should work.

Cheers

atkalikar May 8, 2014

this checkbox is checked it means it is allowed right? but still I need to set it always.

0 votes
atkalikar May 7, 2014

Isn't this has any solution?

0 votes
atkalikar May 1, 2014

"Allow SourceTree to modify your global Git and Mercurial config files" this option is checked in source tree. and over there I have given Full name and Email address.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

What do you have set for the option "Allow SourceTree to modify your global Git and Mercurial config files"? (Options > General)

0 votes
atkalikar March 24, 2014

is it possible?

0 votes
atkalikar March 19, 2014

I tried setting it in source tree config file but this didn't work for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events