Select all files when selecting commit - What does it do?

Adam Štěpánek August 25, 2013

When I'm commiting to the GIT repository I need to either add files to the index prior to clicking Commit or I need to change Commit mode to "Selected files" and manually select all the new files. What I want to achieve is to enable SourceTree to automatically add all the files that are modified or new in the local repository so I can just fill in the commit message and click Commit. I thought the setting "Select all files when selecting commit" does the trick but it doesn't seem to do anything. Thank you, Adam.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hi Adam,

In the index you can just Cmd+A to select all files and hit 'Commit' which will have them all selected. Alternative in the SourceTree Preferences you can turn off the "Use staging area" option (meaning you can't explicitly stage files) under the Git tab. When committing with this option turned off all files will be selected, too. There's a couple of options available. If neither of these are applicable to you then you could raise a feature request at jira.atlassian.com

Hope that helps

Adam Štěpánek August 26, 2013

Turning off the staging area is exactly what I had in mind! :-) Thank you.

0 votes
Adam Štěpánek August 26, 2013
Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using GIT and mac version of the app.
0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hi Adam. Are you using the Windows or mercurial version? Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events