Same files shown as different & can't reset

nikobel September 10, 2013

I am trying to pull the changes from remote repo and have ran into this issue that local files can't be overwritten for some reason. I've tried using Discard option - it executes but does nothing.

As you can see from screenshot I'm attaching files are pretty much identical when I look into direct compare - but for some reason they always remain as "Uncommited changes" - if I try Discard option on file - it also executes but the file still stays in Working Copy Changes.

How to solve this issue?

Screenshot:

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nikobel September 12, 2013

Answer by Ricardo M [Atlassian]:
-----------------------------------------

Hi,

This looks like a difference in line ending conversion settings - either since this file was committed, or it was committed by someone else who had different settings. The file itself isn't modified (which is why discard won't work), it's just that the line ending conversion would produce a different result with the user's current settings.

So either core.autocrlf has changed (or file was committed by someone else with different settings), or .gitattributes has.

The easiest way to resolve it is make sure those settings are as desired now and commit, 'baking in' the new line ending conversion preference.

Cheers,

Ricardo

0 votes
nikobel September 10, 2013

This may have something to with Whitespace - as soon as I check "Ignore whitespace" files are the same (although still reported in Working Copy Changes). Any idea on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events