SSL Error pull/push the repository code

paramvirsingh November 23, 2017

Hi,

I have been working in SourceTree for over a year now and never encountered this error:

When I try to Push/Pull any code change I get the following error (I have purposely oerwritten some text with 'xxxx' in the below url ):

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
fatal: unable to access 'https://paxxxxxh@bitbucket.org/wxxxxxs/bxxxxxtes.git/': SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
Completed with errors, see above.

Could you please send the ca-bundel.crt or let us know how to generate one i.e. the possible solution. The whole team is impacted by the error.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi Paramvir! This issue has been documented in our knowledge base, can you follow SSL certificate problem unable to get local issuer certificate and let us know if it worked for you?

Cheers,

Ana 

paramvirsingh November 24, 2017

Thanks Ana for the quick reply.

I spoke to my Infrastructure team and they suggested that they do need the ca certificate from the provider (in this case BitBucket).

Regards,

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi Paramvir, I've checked with the team and they confirmed that we don't provide these certificates. You will need to get it using the browser, as explained at Resolving SSL self signed certificate errors.

You can also refer to Securing Bitbucket Server for instructions regarding the CA Certificate.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events