Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SourceTree on a closed Intranet

Lonny Gomes January 15, 2014

I love SourceTree and wanted to take load it a closed intranet. After 30 days, the software would not open because it couldn't connect to the internet to complete the registration process. Is SourceTree suported to run in such an environment?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Hey Lonny,

It can definitely run offline, but we do require a license to be registered to it after 30 days (we do this to find out how many users are using the product and as part of the EULA, that's all!). You can actually go on to https://my.atlassian.comand create a SourceTree license which can then be imported into the product to do this. We have many users who run SourceTree offline in Intranet environments like yours, so this defintely works.

Cheers

Lonny Gomes January 16, 2014

Thank you for the quick reply! One other question would be is there a way to create the licenses in bulk or would every member of our team need to create them seperately?

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

Hi Everyone,

Even though SourceTree is free, how it's used and distributed is governed by Atlassian's Customer Agreement. In the past users would have to generate a license and import the file into SourceTree in order to keep using the product. With Atlassian account, we're able to remove the licensing component, free trial, and protect SourceTree.

Current versions require a one time Atlassian Account login, or account creation during installation.

There is a current feature request for another option, and this request is actively monitored by our Product Manager: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3452

Feel free to contact support directly at https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/stsp if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Greg Allen March 1, 2016

I can download my sourcetree.license, but on the latest version (2.2.2) of SourceTree there's no way to import it. My options at "Log in to your Atlassian account" include "Use an existing account" and "Go to My Atlassian". Both of these attempt to access the internet (which I can't). Is it still possible to run SourceTree without internet access?

Lionel Giordanengo March 4, 2016

@Greg Allen : i agree with you, same behaviors on last version !!! Do you have found a wrokaround ?

Greg Allen March 4, 2016

@Lionel Giordanengo I've reverted to 2.1, and I can still use my license offline.

toonetown March 11, 2016

Just adding a "Me Too".  I'd love to import the license for version 2.2.3...it was running just fine until I updated.

Heiko Gadow December 19, 2016

+1 - for an ImportButton on start wizard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events