Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize description field in commit list

glenwinters March 22, 2013

In the list of commits (Log/History view), I can resize all the fields except for Description. I can pull Author, Date or Commit to the right to enlarge them and make Description smaller.

Is that the normal behavior, or is it a bug that I can't change the Description field size?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

The description field is a 'fill' column which means it simply fills all the space left over after the size of other columns has been set. This means when you resize the window it adapts automatically and you don't have to mess about with the column widths (generally, you want more space for the description).

glenwinters March 25, 2013

Ok. With the explanation it makes sense, but I've never used a UI like that, so I found it confusing. Thanks for the answer.

0 votes
glenwinters March 25, 2013

I'm using Windows.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi Glen. Is this for Windows or Mac?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events