Repo no longer accepts push

Recently, I started to experience a problem where my 'pushes' are failing with a permission error on one of my repos.   Other repos work fine; I'm able to successfully push to them.  

I tried pushing to the repo from another machine after performing a pull to ensure local and remote are the same.  I still get a permission error.  Here is the error information I see '

remote: error: Cannot update the ref 'refs/heads/master': unable to append to logs/refs/heads/master: Permission denied

'

I have not made changes to my Bitbucket account.   So I'm not sure why I'm suddenly experiencing this problem.   Especially on only one of my repos.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

What platform are you on an what version of Sourcetree are you using?

I'm experiencing the problem on both Windows 10 & High Sierra macOS.

Everything worked well a couple of days ago.   

Also I'm using the latest version of SourceTree

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

721 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you