Replace embedded git flow with AVH edition by petervanderdoes (Windows)

Paolo Furini January 16, 2014

I want to replace the nvie git-flow scripts embedded in SourceTree for windows, and use instead the AVH edition fork (https://github.com/petervanderdoes/gitflow).

I know that you made changes to the original nvie code in the past, but I wonder if they are still required in the current win version.

If not, can u consider porting the option to use system git flow instead of embedded from mac version?

In the meantime, is it possible to manually replace the embedded git flow with another one?

Note: the AVH fork has diverged from nvie a lot, and the scripts are very different. So no backporting of custom nvie patches is possible, I suspect..

PS: I suggest to Atlassian guys to consider replacing nvie git flow with AVH as their embedded version. The AVH edition is growing faster, and bugs are resolved more quickly. Take for example this pull request that's waiting for 8 months, and that's already resolved in AVH edition: https://github.com/nvie/gitflow/pull/325(this is one of the reasons of my switch)

3 answers

3 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

There are feature requests here and here. Vote those up if you want to see this.

jhagman May 11, 2014

That was my original plan, but for some reason I was not able to log in to the Jira. I'll try again later and perhaps with a non-safari browser.

1 vote
jhagman May 11, 2014

They should really update the embedded git flow version, also on the Mac.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

I second this suggestion. There have been no commits on nvie's repo since September 2012.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events