Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing deleted files from a source tree repository???

vr_driver November 30, 2012

I have a problem, and it's driving me crazy.

I have replaced a bunch of files in a directory which is a git source path.I can add the new files to the repository which is fine, but I can't get the program to stop looking for and forget about the old files I removed.

This is my infinite loop scenario...

With the files listed in the bottom window, the bottom status bar says "255 missing". That's fine. I select all and choose "Stop Tracking".

Now, after some processing and a dialog box, I click on the ok. Now, they appear in the top window with the bottom status bar saying "255 Removed".

I select them all and choose "Stop Tracking". After another dialog box, the message at the bottom of it says, "blablafilenames setcolours.php liners/Modules/backups/ColourSettings/update.php liners/Modules/backups/ColourSettings/updated.php
fatal: pathspec 'liners/Modules/Calendar.orig/index_tz_ajax.php' did not match any files
Completed with errors, see above".

No luck.

Then, I select "Unstage Files"... We are now back to square 1, with the "255 Missing" and the files listed at the bottom.

Am I dumb? Missing something? Or is this not the way to do it? Is it a bug?

Thanks, Steve

SourceTree Version 1.5.6 (1.5.6) Mac

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

After you select 'Stop Tracking', you have to commit this change. So after selecting 'Stop Tracking', which turns all the files from 'Missing' to 'Removed', you should commit the change.

vr_driver December 3, 2012

Ah ha! That worked beautifully. Thanks heaps! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events