Remote name difference between SourceTree instances

maxxdesigns May 10, 2017

sourcetree_remote.jpg

The screen grab on top is from my Mac at work, the screen grab on the bottom is from my Windows machine that I use when working from home. Note the Windows machine is showing 'origin' as the remote name, the Mac is showing 'Assign_Page_Class' as the remote name. Why is this and is there any danger in renaming the Mac remote to 'origin'? There are no branches in the BitBucket repo, so that's all displaying correctly on both systems.

I've noticed recently a couple repos that have suddenly been out of sync between my at work station, my home work station, and one of my co-workers station, despite none of the three showing pending commits, pending pulls, or uncommitted changes and I'm wondering if this maybe has something to do with it?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for any and all that is offered.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Hi Alex! You can rename the remote in your Mac, there's no danger. To do that, open SourceTree and click Settings > Repo > Remotes and double click on the name.  

Let us know if you need anything further :)

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events