Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember "show" settings per project

mac mac December 15, 2012

Hi,

Currently, the "show" (Pending, Conflicts, ..., All) setting of the browser window seems to be sort-of global: when opening a project window it is opened with the last selected "show" setting.

Is it possible to remember this setting per-project?

Most of the time I have it set to "Pending", but for some projects I like it to be "All" (eg. my gitolite configuration repo)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Most of the detail filters are global on the assumption that you want to see things the same way most of the time and not have to switch for every repo you open. But I guess the file filter perhaps makes more sense as a per-repo setting, I've logged this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1329

0 votes
mac mac December 21, 2012

Thanks.

Looking into the matter some more, I've found that when I:

1. Open repo A (files pending showing)
  2. Open repo B (also "peding")
  3. Change files filter to "all" for B
  4. Close B

I have the following situation: "files all" is stored as my preference, but repo A is still showing "peding".

When I now

1. Close repo A (showing pending)
  2. Open repo A

The repo A will open with the files filter set to "All".

I'm afraid, to me, this is not a very consistend UI...

For me, I use "flat view" most of the time. The "show" option varies per project, but is mostly on pending. The context view settings mainly depend on the language I'm writing in or the project I'm working on, but most of the time it's 6 lines, diff parent, ignore \w.

My gut feeling is that the "view filters" (flat/tree/column; peding/conflict/.../all; #lines; diff parent/merged; ignore \w) should be project-saved, not global saved.

You would only have to set your preferred settings once (on project start). After that, it would be saved, right?

Then the settings for a new project could be a preference setting? (this is getting out of control !!! ;-)

I'm courious how other people have their settings and handle changes per project (if they do)...

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

Yeah, this is because the default setting is altered when you change it, not based on the last window to close. So the last option you explicitly picked is the default next time. This will not be an issue if the setting is saved per repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events