Recommendations for fixing conflicts in SourceTree

Larry Q January 15, 2016

I'm a big of SourceTree and use it all the time.  One sticking point for me is that when I merge or rebase and encounter conflicts, I wind up opening the files in a text editor and manually editing them, looking for the <<<<< and >>>>> bits and hoping I got everything.

Is it possible in SourceTree to right-click a conflicted file and open a merge tool, or take an equivalent step?  And can I set my choice of merge tool in the SourceTree interface in some way?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Yes and yes.

If you right-click a conflicted file, there is a "Resolve Conflicts" pop-out menu, and one of the options is "Launch External Merge Tool" - almost exactly what you asked.

To choose a merge tool, go to Options > Diff. There are some pre-configured options (you have to install the referenced programs), or you can manually enter the command for some other diff/merge tool that you prefer.

Larry Q January 15, 2016

Beautiful, thanks Seth.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events