Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-open project windows at startup stopped working

Ivan Golubovic May 20, 2013

I think since 1.6 (I'm at 1.6.0.1) "Re-open project windows at startup" stopped working.

I have project(s) open quit Source tree, start it again and I only get Bookmarks window.

This worked nicely before 1.6 versions.

One possible reason I can think of I completely disabled OS X automatic application state saving (it was disabled even before 1.6 updates) and Source Tree begun relying on it and wasn't before.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Ivan,

There's an option in your system preferences on your Mac that controls this. They're named differently and are reversed between OS X versions as follows:

• 10.7: "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" - this needs to be turned on in order to re-open your repo windows on startup.
  • 10.8: "Close windows when quitting application" - this needs to be turned off in order to re-open your repo windows on startup.

If you could try that setting out and see if it resolves your problem. If not, we can come back to it and re-address the issue.

Thanks!

Ivan Golubovic May 21, 2013

Hi,

Then why is there option in Source Tree when it depends on OS to do that?

The most annoying new feature of OS X is that restore windows, which I disabled (i.e. forbid access to "~/Library/Saved Application State" folder ).

And before 1.6 version of Source Tree it worked well, and since 1.6 is the first app that I have where I miss function.

using stree in project folder from terminal opens project window, but still Bookmarks window pops up along it, which is kinda annoying but at least is a semi workaround.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hey Ivan,

This is because we now honour the OS preferences from 10.7 onwards. There's a system preference because 10.6 needs support for it.

I've filed an issue to get rid of the SourceTree preference for 10.7+ here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1642

Hope that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events