Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing to remote in Sourcetree failing but succeeding with

klozowski February 11, 2018

I have a repository that uses 3 remotes. One is the managed remote hosted at bitbucket (origin). No problems with this one.

The second and third are remotes used for staging and production deployment at my hosting provider. When I installed a new version of sourcetree for MacOS (2.7 I believe?) pushing to these other two remotes began failing.

I suspect this has to do with the way sourcetree prompts for the passphrase for my private key (it doesn't), because I can push using system git from the command line (which sourcetree is also using) using the same command copied and pasted from the sourcetree's console window invoked from the push to repository dialog box, and this works fine. Pushing from my IDE also works fine. Only sourcetree is failing.

Any ideas? If it is, as I suspect, an issue of prompting me for my passphrase (or rather, the fact that sourcetree is not doing so), is there any way to force this to happen again?

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 5.28.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-11 at 5.29.56 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Can you please check if your ssh keys are loaded to the ssh agent on your mac? If they are not loaded, please load them to the agent. You can run below commands in terminal to setup keys

Check for keys in agent using 

ssh-add -l

Add Keys using 

ssh-add <path_to_key>

like,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa

Thanks! 

klozowski February 12, 2018

that did it, i didn't know sourcetree was using the ssh agent! thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events