Pull request hangs or first request fatally fails (TaskCanceledException encountered)

Jon Grah December 13, 2017

I just installed Win8.1 64-bit (installed fresh about 10 days ago) and a fresh copy of SourceTree 2.3.5.0 today.  During the installation, I went ahead and cloned a copy of a git repository stored on Atlassian Bitbucket.  Everything looks good and then I go to do a pull request to make sure everything is working and I notice it takes several seconds longer than normal.  I get an error in the Full Output:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
fatal: TaskCanceledException encountered.
   A task was canceled.

But it moves on to the next task

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull --log origin master
From https://bitbucket.org/4EverMaAT/[project1]
* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD

Already up-to-date.
Completed successfully.

And finishes.

But I want to know why it hangs with the "fetch origin" request?

I had a previous install where it just kept hanging.  No explanation or tips.   I also got an error on the previous install about "warning: templates not found" .

----

edit:  now I tried a push request (staged a test .txt file) and it took 3 minutes for it to get past this request"

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false commit -q -F C:\Users\[winuser]\AppData\Local\Temp\ztvwqmv1.eus

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags --set-upstream origin master:master

Why is it taking so long?

Before it took seconds.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi

It seems likely it is an error occurring in the Git Credential Manager. The time is being taken during the authentication to and fro with Bitbucket.

What version of Git and GCM are you running?

You can see both by opening the Terminal from the repo tab in Sourcetree and running

>git version

and

>git credential-manager version

Jon Grah December 15, 2017

As requested, I opened SourceTree 2.3.5.0 and clicked "Terminal" and the following appeared:

mkdir: cannot change permissions of '/dev/shm': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot change permissions of '/dev/mqueue': Permission denied
'C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' -> '/etc/hosts'
'C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\protocol' -> '/etc/protocols'
'C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services' -> '/etc/services'
'C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\networks' -> '/etc/networks'

[winuser]@[localhost] MINGW32 /c/[filepath]/git (master)
$

$ git version
git version 2.14.1.windows.1

$ git credential-manager version
Git Credential Manager for Windows version 1.12.0

I only use Bitbucket.org and SourceTree on my local computer.  So whatever SourceTree installs by default, that is what I am using. 

Do I need another program?

Like Alexandros Karalidis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events