Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull a certain branch only

hgierer June 25, 2013

Using the mercurial command line I can do the following to pull a certain remote branch into my project (leaving out all the other branches that may exist there):

hg pull -b default http://macserver.cellent.int:8000/scs/

Is there a way to do the same with SourceTree ?

No matter what I tried so far, I always got the complete remote project pulled over - including all branches. I even tried to select the branch in the advanced pull options with no effect.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi Heiko,

You're right, for some reason it's not honouring that preference when it should be. I've logged it in JAC here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1672

Many thanks

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Just to follow this up, the branch selection won't actually work because you're using the fetch extension. It's still a bug on our part as we shouldn't allow branch selections if you're using the fetch extension. I've disabled the option is the fetch extension is being used from this screen.

Cheers

0 votes
hgierer June 25, 2013

Tried it on a Mac !

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

Is this for Windows or Mac?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events