Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull Request Issues - Missing code changes

Munesh Jadoun May 17, 2018

I have a master development branch, from which 2 resources have taken up 2 tasks. Resource A has completed his task and has merged his task to the main trunk. Resource B still is continuing his work. He sees that there is a pull request available to pull the work of Resource A.

Somehow this pull request doesn't seem to pull the required changes. Please advise the following:

- Are these specific settings/configuration/checklist items that I need to be aware of in such scenarios?

- Are there defined best practices that we can review to ensure that we don't hit upon any issues?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

Hi

Are both your Resources working on the same master branch?

Munesh Jadoun May 17, 2018

They are working on their own branches which were created from the master branch.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

Apologies if I've misunderstood, but Resource B will only be able to see the changes made by Resource A if either

• Resource A's changes have been merged to master and Resource B is looking at master
  • Resource B is looking at Resource A's branch

If they have not been merged then to see the other Resource's branch and their changes they would each need to check out the other one's branch

There is some additional information here 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events