Project window behavior in SourceTree 1.6

Allen Rowand May 30, 2013

Since upgrading to 1.6, on launch I no longer see the project window I always have open and am presented with a bookmarks window. I have enabled "re-open project windows at startup" in the preferences but this does not seem to be taking effect. Is this a know issue?

Thanks,

Allen

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Kieran,

Are you referring to the "Close windows when quitting an application" setting in the System Preferences? Yes, I have that checked since the window re-opening interferes with an application I work with. It was checked before I started seeing this issue with SourceTree.

To clarify, if I am working in SourceTree with my repository window open, quit SourceTree and relaunch I am presented with the bookmarks window and not the repository window; the expected behavior would be to see the repository window if the SourceTree "Re-open project windows at startup" option is enabled.

In the meantime, I have found a workaround by using the Resuminator utility by Erica Sadun to enable window reopening on launch for SourceTree only.

Best regards,

Allen

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hi Allen,

SourceTree is behaving correctly, the "Re-open project windows at startup" is designed for 10.6 users who don't have the window restoration functionality that comes with 10.7+. I've filed an issue to remove that preference from SourceTree for anyone who isn't using 10.6. We basically now honour the system preferences which is what our application should do.

Thanks for the note on Resuminator, I'll recommend that to anyone who wants greater control over their window restoration.

Cheers

0 votes

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the answer. Something must have been crufty in my preferences, and the SourceTree update "unstuck" things. Glad I could help with a workaround. Thank you for the quick answers and a great product!

Best regards,

Allen

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hi Allen,

We've had a number of reports on this issue and the solution has, each time, to enable that system setting as we utilise the system preference.

So could you clarify that the problem is actually not that the repository windows aren't re-opening, but that the primary window that re-opens is your bookmarks window and not your repository window?

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events