Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with importing license file

gcolonna October 20, 2017

I have installed sourcetree on my new mac with MAC os 10.11.6.

When I open sourcetree, it opens the window for registration, when I try to log in with my e-mail, it does not recognize it as an e-mail and the warning triangle   appear. In the sourcetree menu, I could not find the command to download the license following the instruction "Within SourceTree select from the menu bar "SourceTree > Registration", click "Import License" to import the downloaded the license file."

In particular I cannot find the menu "SourceTree > Registration" 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Gianpiero, where did you find those instructions? Sourcetree no longer uses a license, you just need to register it using your Atlassian account.

For the issue you mentioned when entering your email address, our developers are aware of it and they're working on a fix. It was reported in our tracking system and you can find it at SRCTREE-5034. I recommend you watch it to be notified of further updates. Make sure to read the comments for proposed workarounds or news.

Hope this helps! :)

Ana

gcolonna October 20, 2017

Dear Ana,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

When I open sourcetree, I entered in my atlassian page, opening the

https://my.atlassian.com/products/index?sen=10520647#license_10520647

where it shows my licence files, with the instructions I wrote in the post (see the screenshot)

I have to tell also that I can still use the last version of sourcetree with some tricks, because the login page does not allow me to use it.

When the window with "Log in to your Atlassian Account", I cannot do nothing than "go to my atlassian" opening the webpage below.

The login window is still open. If I chose "use an existing account" I have the problems described in the previous post. If I try close the window I can only quit or remain on the login page.

Choosing on the menu bar "Window > show remote hosted repositories" the repository browser opens with an error. Now I can close the login window and sourcetree works properly. The problem is that I have to repeat this procedure any time I open sourcetree and this is pretty annoying.

Now I am using an old version 2.1, needing the licence file.

Thanks again

Gianpiero

Screenshot 2017-10-20 11.44.32.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events