Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem committing new php files to GIT using Sourcetree

Nicholas Antimisiaris October 14, 2014

I am using Sourcetree Version 2.0.2 (2.0.2) for mac and I am having the following really strange problem.

1. I create a new clone from URL
  2. I then add a new folder in a subfolder of the main project folder
  3. I add an html file in the subfolder (and sourcetree correctly sees this as a changed file and lets me select it to commit)
  4. If I add a php file in the same folder Sourcetree does not propose it for commit.

I have no idea why this is happening.

2 answers

0 votes

I have no .gitignore in this repository … maybe it is picking this up from somewhere else?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Do you have a global .gitignore?

Yup - that was it. I have somehow accumulated a long list in my global .gitignore from sourceforge. I guess when I am asked in one repository to have an ignore file rull this rule becomes global - I was expecting it to only have a local scope.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Do you perhaps have a rule in your .gitignore which excludes the file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events