Problem after installing Sourcetree 2.1.7.0

eugeniomiro July 20, 2017

I've just upgraded Sourcetree from 2.1.6.0 to 2.1.7.0 and realized a repository which is not on Bitbucket nor Github, but an old Linux server using SSH is not accessible because all credentials now apparently need to be related to Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server or Github.

I can't see in the new UI an option to add credentials for a server not related to that.

Is there any way to configure that somewhere else?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Smith July 27, 2017

I finally found a solution to this. If you remove the passwd file, Sourcetree will recreate the file and allow you to reauthenticate all of your repos when you try to connect. 

eugeniomiro July 27, 2017

You saved my day @Ryan Smith, thank you very much! This worked like a charm.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

Hi Eugenio! We only provide account profiles for Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server and Github by default, but you can still connect to different services or your own server. To do that, use the Clone from URL feature to check out repositories from SourceTree using SSH.

For more information, you can read How do I use SSH with SourceTree.

Hope this helps!

Ana

eugeniomiro July 21, 2017

Thank you, Ana, for your fast response.

I actually had a user already configured with repository credentials before updating to 2.1.7.0 and the repository is still configured as it was. What happened was that it started to complain about invalid credentials when I fetched new changes from the repo using the UI, and the only way to get them after the update was using the command line and provide the credentials manually.

I don't actually have a UI to update those credentials if they change either, I can only see those related to Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, and Github.

eugeniomiro July 21, 2017

I'm adding below the log I'm getting when I push the fetch button

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch --prune origin
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message
type 2 (protocol error):
"Too many authentication failures for eugenio.miro"

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Completed with errors, see above.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Hi Eugenio, what do you mean by: 

I don't actually have a UI to update those credentials if they change either, I can only see those related to Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, and Github.

If you use Windows, you'll find how to do it at Clone a repository into SourceTreeIf you use Mac, you can find that option by clicking in New:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.26.05.png

Is that what you were referring to?

Regards,

Ana

Ryan Smith July 26, 2017

I'm also running into the same error as Eugenio when upgrading to 2.1.7.0. The credentials for all of my repos have been reset and there doesn't seem to be a way to enter new authentication info through the GUI.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2017

Hi @Ryan Smith, you can add a repository by URL by clicking on New > Clone from URL as you can see in the screenshot in my previous comment. Note that you can not enter it through the Accounts menu, that's only for Bitbucket Server, Cloud and Github.

Can you find that option? If this is missing in your application, can you send me a screenshot?

Best regards,

Ana

eugeniomiro July 27, 2017

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately, it didn't work as expected, this is the output I get in the Details window, which is the same I get when using the already cloned repository.

errorSourceTree.png

Moreover, if this worked after removing and cloning the repo again, that wouldn't be the best solution either because I have several local branches I'd like to keep and also several stashes that are useful as they are, I'd prefer a solution keeping the current repository and changing the credentials. I started to check other options like GitKracken if this doesn't work, even if I don't like it so much, but this can be a deal breaker for me... and my team... 

I hope we can work around this problem soon, I don't want to be outdated on my tools and this is an important one for me and my team, I already told them to hold on updating to this version until we have a solution to this.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events