Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please consider saving user customizations to window panes and columns

Jonathan M. Lane October 17, 2013

I am a big fan of what you have done with SourceTree. Especially the graph visualization. Unfortunately, one missing feature around the way that information is organized on screen has driven me to post this request.

The only frustration that I've run into when using SourceTree is that I have to resize the columns and panes, as well as reorder them, after every restart. Having these new positions and sizes persist between application sessions is behaviour that I feel should be included in a GUI application with the table data views. Not everyone will like your default ordering/sizes and users should not be expected to have their preferences reset every time your application is closed and reopened.

Please consider adding this functionality to allow your users to see the information they need in your application in the order and layout they prefer.

Thank you for your efforts.

2 answers

2 votes
Markus M. March 19, 2014

I can only fully upvote this feature request! Please save the window layout.

0 votes
Deleted user January 26, 2015

This is bugging the crap out of me right now. Every time I switch between repositories it resets the window layout. It's been bugging me for months but this is the first time I've taken the time to comment on it. The Mac version saves my window layout and I use both so I'm constantly hitting check for updates on the Windows version hoping you've ported over this feature.

Other than that, great product. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events