Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password mismatch on apache

emiledeholt June 13, 2013

Hi!

I'm having some trouble with password mismatch errors in my apache log (which also leads to me getting autobanned from my server a little now and than). I seem to get these errors when I have an open repository window in sourcetree without doing anything.

I don't get any visible errors in the sourcetree app and I can push changes to my hg remote respository, so I haven't simply filled in an incorrect user and password. What can sourcetree be doing to the remote repo when I just have a repository window open? I guess it's checking if there any new changesets on the remote repo, but shouldn't it use the same saved password as it's using for pushing and pulling for that?

Any ideas are very welcome!

Kind Regards

Emil

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

I'm going to assume you're using the Mac version because we haven't implemented background fetching on Windows yet.

SourceTree will check the default remote in the background periodically in order to let you know when there are commits to pull into your local repo - that's how the badges on the toolbar are updated. When it checks, if there's an authentication error it won't prompt you (because that would be confusing since it's not linked to any action you did) and will just try again later, assuming that you will have sorted out the authentication via a more explicit action like pull/push anyway.

So this suggests that the authentication for one of your repositories linked to that server is failing. Can you pull/push ok? If so, it might be that you have another bookmarked repository pointing at that same server but with maybe an incorrect user name or something.

If you want you can disable the background checks either globally in Preferences (Check default remotes every X minutes), or per-repo under the Settings toolbar button (Advanced tab).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events