Partial shelve

Tobia Conforto February 27, 2013

Is there a way to do a partial shelve in a hg working copy?

My use case is having a working copy where I realize one of the issues I was working on (but far from being in a good state, let alone a committable state) can/must be postponed for a while.

Therefore I'd like to shelve the specific files (or hunks) related to that issue under a given label, to remove them from my working copy, to be addressed later.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi Tobia!

When we first used Hg's shelve extension it didn't support shelving hunks/files - recently this has changed and it now does which means we can add support for it. This one has already been filed after we found out it was possible here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1363

Hope that helps

0 votes
Jean-Yves Avenard September 6, 2014

It's been over one year now... Any progress on the matter?

You already don't support queues... lots of missing features sad

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2014

Hey Jean-Yves, For features like these we generally go on how much the community want it. I did take a long look into this one in the hope we could invest some time in it, but unfortunately we haven't been able to just yet. It's definitely one we'd like to implement, though. Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events