On OSX Mavericks SourceTree errors

Corey October 22, 2013

I get the following error when opening any existing bookmark and waiting for the file diff to show.

'git status' failed with code -1:'Couldn't posix_spawn: error 9

'

I just upgraded to Mavericks today and the issue just started happening. I deleted the app and reinstalled and the same error occurs.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

Hey there,

The resolution to this is wiping your user preferences. Could you make sure you backup your config as this guide states: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Wiping+SourceTree+Preferences

Follow the steps and it should resolve the issue. Could you also open a jira.atlassian.com issue (set it to Reporters and Developers so only we can see it) and include your configuration files that should've been backed up if possible? Using this we can discover what the problem is in SourceTree.

Thanks in advance!

Timm Stokke October 22, 2013

Thanks!

This also solved the problem I was having with "SourceTree quit unexpectedly" after upgrading to OSX Maverics.

0 votes
16cards October 24, 2013

Upon installing Mavericks I also had these crashes. Wiping preferences worked.

However, opening my MBP this morning, SourceTree crashed and continues to when I try to start. Wiping preferences again works.

Is performing this action the permanent fix?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events