Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old icon

Justin Aiken September 12, 2017

Is it possible to go back to the old git-looking icon instead of the new thing that looks like of like Prince? 

The new dark theme is awesome though!

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Klaus Busse September 15, 2017

In OS X it's easy. Select the application, hit cmd+i, select the icon, and paste the icon of your choice, i.e. the old one.

Hope it helps.

Klaus

PS: IMO the new icon is vastly oversimplified and bears no meaning at all (Plus another icon becoming blue…). For me that's a prime example of fixing things that were not broken…

Engin Semih Basmacı September 15, 2017

Exactly.

Greg Macdonald April 11, 2018

great icon @Max Rozenoer

Klaus Busse April 11, 2018

@Greg Macdonald this is a great icon indeed. Just if someone does not know: This was the „old“ SourceTree icon…

@Klaus Busseyep.  it was meaningful.  it was grand

4 votes
Engin Semih Basmacı September 15, 2017

I agree.

First of all, new icon does not represent anything with "source code", "tree structure" or "version control" in general. And it's not a "mascot" icon like Mozilla's Firefox or Reddit's Snoo also.

I get that new branding and design language updates has been made for all Atlassian products and it's cool in general. But the old icon was much more successful when it comes to representing what the app does. I'm not saying "bring back the old icon" directly. Yes, the old icon can be updated and polished to fit into new branding. But something new and fresh can also be done. I believe most of the alternatives will be much better than the "key hole" thing we have now :) This one looks really unfinished, painfully simplified and irrelevant (no offense to the design team).

Cheers.

1 vote
Max Rozenoer March 7, 2018

+1 Old icon is awesome, please don't change!

1 vote
Greg Macdonald September 13, 2017

It is disorienting when you change things like the application icon. I don't see what is so great or important about this new icon that it was necessary to change.

On the other hand, great product. I've been using it for 4-5 years. I use it constantly for reviewing changes and managing commits - I hardly use other features. Very grateful.

0 votes

Of course we would be totally ignored. After all, we're only customers and what is that compared to a designer with a mission.

0 votes
alex wald February 20, 2018

...also, Atlassian, if you could NOT change the icon every year or so, that would be great, thnx.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events