OSX 10.8.5 update to SorceTree Version 2.0.4 errors with "dyld: lazy symbol binding failed"

Ben Rush January 23, 2015

I've updated to the latest version of SorceTree Version 2.0.4, but now when I try to launch a repository (osx 10.8.5) I receive the following errors:

'git status' failed with code 5:'dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/Apps Programming/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/Apps Programming/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Is there something I can do?

many thanks

2 answers

0 votes
joseph_rossi December 2, 2015

I ran into this the other night while troubleshooting with another developer. It seems the after version 2.0.5.6, SourceTree is running git version 2.6.2 (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/ReleaseNotes.html), which breaks 10.8. I downgraded to 2.0.5.2 for that developer.

I didn't try this, but I wonder if replacing the git_local folder in the SourceTree.app bundle with an earlier version of git, or a version of 2.6.2 built from source would work. Might be worth a try.

0 votes
Andrew Balfour January 28, 2015

Likewise, just started getting that error today. Mac 10.8.5 running SourceTree 2.0.4. Cleared everything out of ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree and it still happens trying to setup the first repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events