Number of pulls/pushes never showing for repo

indextwo November 24, 2017

I currently have four separate repos, and three of them are behaving in Sourcetree as expected, but one is not, and it's causing a lot of confusion.

I created a local repo while waiting for the BitBucket account to be set up. Once that was done, a couple of days later, I hooked my repo up to the remote account. Everything works and I can push & pull without issue... however, the numbers for pushes and pulls never, ever display (by this, I mean the numbers that appears as notifications next to the buttons, or alongside the branch names). No matter how many commits, fetches or branch merges I do, those numbers never, ever display. It's getting really confusing because I'm almost daily having to do a blind pull just in case there's anything on the remote; and I keep losing track of how many commits I have locally that have yet to be pushed, and to which branch.

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
indextwo November 30, 2017

Resolved. It turns out that, unless the name of the remote source was 'origin', then it would fetch, push, pull and pull without issue, but never show any pending numbers. I had to change the name of the remote and then do a fetch, and that seems to have solved it.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Thanks for letting us know.

Like indextwo likes this
0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi,

I've not seen this behaviour. Is there anything different about this repo?

HTTP vs SSH for the url?
Private vs public?
etc

indextwo November 30, 2017

The only thing that's different is that I created it as a local repo initially and did some local commits while I was waiting for the BitBucket repo to be created. Then I added the remote repo after the fact. Other than that, it's identical to all other repos that work fine (all BitBucket, on the same account, private repos).

The only thing I've noticed that was different is the remote name, which was something custom. I've now just checked 'default remote', but it hasn't made an initial difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events