Not possible to see uncommited changes in sourcetree

Max August 4, 2017

Hi,

I have to question/problems:

1) I would like to commit some files but it s not possible.  I can't see the files to commit (just with the command "Git Status"). Sourcet What is the problem ?

2) I have also some Untraked Files, is that normal that all new files creates are Untraked? How is that possible to automaticly traked all new files ? Unbenannt.jpg

Windows 7 - Sourcetree 2.0.20.1

Edit:

3) I have also the problem that they don't show me the untraked content and modified content from another submodules. 

see screehshots 

Unbenannt2.jpg

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hi Max! Where are you performing the changes? Is it locally or in the server? If the changes are being made locally they should show up in SourceTree immediately, if they're made in the server it can take some time to show up. You can set this time in the Preferences (see screenshot)

Preferences.png

Regarding your other questions,  a tracked file is a file that exists in the Git index (handled by version controll) and can be added to the index by using git add. Untracked files are most of the time files you don't want to be controlled (for example they are generated by your compiler). If you want Git to ignore certain files, you can add them to the .gitignore file.

This image shared in Stackoverflow illustrates the possible statuses of a file:

file status cycle.png

Let us know if you need further assistance, Max.

Best regards,

Ana

Max August 10, 2017

thanks but the changes are locally 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events