Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Tracked files

Chris Rusby July 18, 2013

The footer in my SourceTree says that 2 files are not tracked, but there are no untracked files in the file status view. Is there some way to find out which files SourceTree's footer thinks are not tracked?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Hi Chris,

There likely is, however your file status view isn't set up to see them. In the Mac version there's the following filters above the file status view:

By changing these options untracked files may or may not be visible to you. The Windows version has equivalent filters if you're running on Windows, too.

Hope that helps

Yes that's what I though initially. However, selecting "Show Untracked" shows no files, and if I "Show All" I don't see any files with the not tracked question mark symbol next to them...

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

What happens if you run "git status" at the terminal when your present working directory is your Git repository folder?

I ran "hg status" as it's a mercurial repository. Lots of .DS_Store files, which I guess SourceTree ignores? However, there are two other entries:

? .hgcheck/hg-checkexec-DodzFR

? .hgcheck/hg-checklink-bUIWEG

Could these be related to the 2 untracked files maybe?
Thanks
Isaac September 18, 2015

I'm in the same case, any hint?

vipulch June 23, 2016

I too am facing the same issue on Windows version which I verified with the MAC version which works fine. Can you please provide why such behaviour ?

James Street November 11, 2020

I am also having this problem. no filter setting displays untracked files for me. But i can see the untracked files at the command line and even add them. if I add them they get added to the staging area and can be viewed in sourcetree. it's only the untracked items that I'm unable to get visible within sourcetree (OS X)

James Street November 11, 2020

figured it out. The IDE had created an extra git folder underneath the top folder and I am guessing the conflict was preventing sourcetree from figuring out what to display

0 votes
gsa asas July 12, 2021

I am pretty new to confluence. Some of what you are saying goes over my head for new source code like this. Do you have any screenshots or greater precise instructions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events