No version of Sourcetree for Linux, despite very clear interest!

Alexander Trauzzi April 28, 2013

I've really come to appreciate Sourcetree on OSX and Windows and would love to be able to use this great tool in Ubuntu Linux.

I've read a lot of posts saying "we're aware you want a Linux version", but little else beyond that. All the while, the requests for a Linux version continue to pile up.

When can we hope to see an Ubuntu PPA for Sourcetree?

1 answer

2 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi Alexander,

We have no plans to develop a Linux version at the moment and a Linux version is not in development, that much I can say. We definitely go by community interest and statistics. Windows came about first as it was more popular based on data that the teams at Atlassian gathered.

But, and a big but, as Steve has rightly pointed out, there were never any plans for a Windows version either. So the official statement is that there's no Linux version in development, nor planned, but that was said about Windows, too.

There was a Windows question on Answers that had so much Windows interest it was one of the driving factors to reconsidering a Windows port. There's a Linux one, too.

Hope that helps

Ömer GÖK February 24, 2016

This answer was 3 years ago. What about now @Kieran Senior [Atlassian]?

John_Chesshir September 16, 2016

I'd love to hear a new answer, too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events