Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My source tree is not working

Amelie X December 29, 2013

When I tried to add a new repo, it just shows 'git status' failed with code -1:'launch path not accessible and I was not able to use sourcetree. Dont know how to fix this.

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

That probably means that SourceTree isn't correctly configured to find the git utility. Go to Tools > Options..., then click the Git tab. At the bottom it should tell you what type of Git it is trying to use. If "System Git" is selected, try switching to "Embedded Git".

If you need to use an external Git utility, make sure it exists on your system $Path variable.

1 vote

I found it and the fix worked! Thanks @Seth& @Aseem:)

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

I'd greatly appreciate if you'd hit the checkbox on my answer, since it sounds like it was the correct one :)

0 votes
Gleb Minevich February 15, 2019

This happened for me after updating system git to 2.20.1. The accepted answer solved it for me.

0 votes

Hi Seth, thank you so much for your reply. But I didn't see the Tool tag and options you mentioned. Is it in the sourcetree menu bar?

Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2013

If you're using SourceTree on a Mac, you'll have to look under Preferences (⌘,).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events