My local Working folder is not recognized as a valid git working copy in Sourcetree?

miq68 June 14, 2015

I have a valid git working copy on my local hard drive that by some reason the folder was not available when I started Source Tree yesterday .

When I try to add this working directory to sourcetree, I get an error saying it isn't a valid working directory. I've tried two ways:

1. File > Open > Select Directory

Error: the path 'somepath/workingdir' is not a valid Git repository working copy.

2. Push the Clone/New button. Select the "Add Working Copy" tab. Select the correct working copy path.

Repository Type: This is not a valid working copy path.

I remember that I was prombted to update my License When I started Source Tree and I accepted to it.

I'm using Windows 8 with Sourcetree 1.6.14.0

2 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

That sounds like the kind of error SourceTree displays if it doesn't have or can't find the git executable itself. Does SourceTree work with other repositories?

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2015

First, please verify that your folder is indeed a valid Git clone.

You can do this e.g. by opening a command prompt to the folder and executing

git fetch

Unless the fetch runs successfully, there is something wrong with your clone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events