My SourceTree installer is hanging on the log in screen and won't install

Blake Causey January 5, 2018

When I'm trying to install SourceTree and it asks for my login credentials it just spins.  The popup window is normal where you can enter in the email and password and you can even hide or show the password but the blue login button has a spinner that just spins.  Therefore, I can't get past this screen to get it installed. 

I also reset my password a couple of times thinking maybe the app needing to be "kicked" and no luck.  I can go into the portal and download a license but that's no good because I can't get it installed to even import the license.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Blake, are you on Windows? If so, make sure you update Internet Explorer to the latest version as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication part. After that, do the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

Regarding the license, Sourcetree no longer needs it so you can ignore that part.

Let us know if you're able to sign in now!

Bes tregards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events