My SourceTree installer is hanging on the log in screen and won't install

When I'm trying to install SourceTree and it asks for my login credentials it just spins.  The popup window is normal where you can enter in the email and password and you can even hide or show the password but the blue login button has a spinner that just spins.  Therefore, I can't get past this screen to get it installed. 

I also reset my password a couple of times thinking maybe the app needing to be "kicked" and no luck.  I can go into the portal and download a license but that's no good because I can't get it installed to even import the license.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Blake, are you on Windows? If so, make sure you update Internet Explorer to the latest version as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication part. After that, do the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

Regarding the license, Sourcetree no longer needs it so you can ignore that part.

Let us know if you're able to sign in now!

Bes tregards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

570 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you