Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing section from Log View

William Saults July 14, 2015

The section below that is outlined in red has gone missing from my SourceTree window. The list of files now occupies the space that the missing portion used to fill. The hunks on the right still appear.

Also, the missing section does appear in the Search View.

I've searched high and low for a toggle or some kind of handle to drag from the edge of the pane. I'm at a loss and any help is appreciated. 

Note: I'm using the Mac client.

sourcetree.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

Chances are the drag handle that you haven't been able to find is a single pixel thick. I've seen many questions on this site where users have seemingly lost panels because SourceTree allows them to be shrunk to zero height/width, and drag handles are only a single pixel, which can be extra difficult to find when they are flush with another drag handle.

There may be a way to restore it by re-installing, but I haven't had to resort to that myself. Good luck.

William Saults July 16, 2015

I wonder if there is a text/plist file that I can modify to update the panel size...

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

Possible, but I've never heard of such a thing for SourceTree. If you find it, please post details as a new answer.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2015

Somebody tried the uninstall/reinstall already in one of the other similar questions and apparently ST remembers even after that, so no use reinstalling it.

William Saults July 16, 2015

Thank you @Seth for leading me in the right direction.

I followed the instructions via the link below and successfully restored the missing panel in the log view. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Wiping+SourceTree+Preferences

Note: after step "6. Open SourceTree again to test if it worked or not.", I was able to click "skip setup" and all my repos were as I left them. Still able to push/pull and etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events