Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing pane in Sourcetree updated version for Mac

han_sh May 6, 2017

In previous versions on Sourcetree, there was a pane/window where i could view the entire commit message and other commit details (esp. when i made a commit with detailed notes). I just updated Sourcetree, and it's missing. 

I know i can use the Terminal to run "git log" or something — but there must be a way to re-enable the pane? I can't see anything in Preferences, or under the Window menu. Bit of a bug? Or am i being daft?

I have attached 2 images— one from Atlassian's website which shows what the interface ought to look like (and i've made a crude circle around the pane which used to be there); and another image which shows what my interface looks like after the update..

Past.pngPresent.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

Hi Han! I've installed SourceTree 2.3.2 in my machine and I can still see the pane. We've seen other similar cases where after clearing the preferences the users could see that pane again. You can follow the steps at How to wipe SourceTree preferences.

Let me know if you can see the pane now.

Cheers :)

Ana

han_sh May 9, 2017

it does fix things; thank you ana :)

side-note: crucifying my preferences isn't my favourite way to resurrect a pane after three days!

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2017

If it recurs we'll point you to what setting[s] to delete specifically. 

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2017

Hi Han, what version are you using now? I'm using SourceTree 2.5 on MacOS and I still have that pane. Let me know!

Regards,

Ana

han_sh May 8, 2017

v2.3.2 on OS Sierra.

may we have an option in the View menu that we can toggle to hide/show this pane (sample image, attached)?; else, is there some sort of CSS document where i could manually change it's height/min-height to some non-zero value?

Screen-Shot-2017-05-08-at-09.05.59.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events