It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Minimize/Restore doesn't work properly

Alegni Herrera Oct 11, 2018

After updating to the latest version of Sourcetree (v3.0.6), whenever I minimize the window to the taskbar, it wont restore back anymore.  I end up having to right-click Sourcetree on the taskbar and select the "Close window" option and then re-launch Sourcetree.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

11 answers

5 votes
Peter Langer Oct 17, 2018

Same on my site.

But : Task Manager is able to switch / bring to front the source tree window

Adam Fisher Oct 24, 2018

At least the switch to works, but it's still very frustrating

Cookie Chan Nov 05, 2018

I encounter the same problem and I have to use the "switch to" from task manager to make it work. PITA.

Wendt Withers Nov 05, 2018

From below: Go to Tools>Option>General>Repository settings> Refresh when application is not in focus -> Enable it -> [OK]

Like # people like this
2 votes
Sid Shetye Oct 31, 2018

Anyone subscribed to this issue, here is a workaround from the thread Wendt linked to:

Go to Tools>Option>General>Repository settings> Refresh when application is not in focus -> Enable it -> [OK]

Frank Schophuizen Nov 13, 2018

Thanks! It works.

Artem Antipin Nov 18, 2018

Thanks!!!

1 vote
Alistair Colley Oct 15, 2018

Yes, same.

It flashes and then disappears

1 vote
Frederic Lacerte Oct 15, 2018

Same Here

1 vote
Antti Alho Oct 17, 2018

Same here

1 vote
Sid Shetye Oct 24, 2018

Same here.

Related note: Software quality of Atlassian's Sourcetree is really poor. Basic functionality is constantly broken. Last year we has sourcetree constantly reinstalling at launch and the code-diffs horizontal scroll bar being buggy. Now something as basic as minimize and restore? Code reviews? Quality engineers? Automated tests?

This quality makes me nervous as we trust Atlassian's software suite (bitbucket, jira, sourcetree etc etc) when building our own software products.

Please introspect and improve quality. 

- Your customers

0 votes
Tom A. Vibeto Oct 12, 2018

Yes.

0 votes
Mike Overmeijer Oct 25, 2018

Same here; has anyone submitted a bug report for it?

0 votes
Wendt Withers Oct 31, 2018

I'm submitting a bug report now.

However, I've found that it's only a problem if the SourceTree Window is maximized (or close to maximized - probably above some width x height threshold). If the window is smaller than that, things work fine.

I happen to be on a 1920 x 1080 screen and if I get wider than about 1800 pixels: bingo, I have a problem.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,931 views 14 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you