cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge issue

Lakshmi November 3, 2014

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with push and pull. I did below steps:

I committed the files but did not push those files. Later on I had  to do  some more changes for the same file which I  committed. When i was about to commit It did not allow me to commit or allowed me pull the files. I was getting below issue when I tried to Pull.

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull origin master You have not concluded your merge (MERGE_HEAD exists). Please, commit your changes before you can merge.

Can anyone help me out as why this is happening? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2014

Git is in a state where it thinks you are working on a merge. You could fix it by hitting the "Discard" button and doing a "Reset All", but you will risk losing your changes.

This Stackoverflow question may give you a safer, CLI-based solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11646107/you-have-not-concluded-your-merge-merge-head-exists

Lakshmi November 4, 2014

Thank you smile your answer helped me smile

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

I'm glad. You might consider voting my answer up, or accepting it as the correct answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events