Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge develop into develop?

macnewbold July 24, 2013

I'm happily using SourceTree with my Bitbucket repositories, and overall it's going great. We are getting one weird thing happening though. The majority of the merges we do where we merge from one branch into another, the default commit messages say things like this:

Merge branch 'develop' of https://bitbucket.org/ouraccount/ourrepo into develop

That isn't a typo, the default message says we're merging develop into develop, even when we're merging feature/fooFeature into develop. Is there something we're doing wrong, or some kind of bug we are running into?

3 answers

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

It looks like this is a git repository (rather than hg), is that right? I ask because the hg message is by default shorter, it just says 'Merge <source>'.

The thing is in that case the commit message on a merge commit comes from git itself rather than SourceTree. I've never seen it be incorrect like this though, unless you're doing this via git-flow and there's a bug there perhaps.

0 votes
macnewbold July 24, 2013

Mostly Mac, but I use it on Windows too, and so do several of our users, and I'm pretty sure it has happened there too, but 100% sure it happens on Mac.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

Hey Mac,

Is this on Windows or Mac?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events