Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge conflict pop-up in SourceTree

Louis Boux July 2, 2012

When you merge a branch in SourceTree and there's a conflict, there's a pop-up that warns you about the conflict, and there's also a checkbox for never showing that pop-up again. I Accidentally checked it and now when I have a conflict I am not warned about it. Is there a way that i can reset that option so that I can be warned everytime there is a conflict?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

In a terminal, if you're using the direct version:

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS suppressConflictsWarning 0

And if you're using the Mac App Store version:

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTree suppressConflictsWarning 0

Zteve July 3, 2012

Is there a reason this isn't available on the GUI under Preferences?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

An oversight, I'll add it to the list.

joaoMaas November 17, 2015

How to do this in Windows version?

Arin Friedlander June 28, 2017

I know it's been 2 years, but I needed an answer to how to do this in Windows today, too, and am posting the answer here in hopes it'll help the next passerby.

The Windows folder %LocalAppData%\Atlassian\ contains one or more user.config files. Edit the one in the folder named for your version of SourceTree (2.1.2.5, in my case). It'll probably be the most recently changed one, too. Inside that user.config file is an XML node named SuppressConflictsWarning. Change its value to False and save the file.

<setting name="SuppressConflictsWarning" serializeAs="String">
    <value>False</value>
</setting>

I wrote up a bit more here, too: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44812247/sourcetree-how-to-show-merge-conflicts-alert

Richard Irwin May 16, 2018

looked for that file, found it and the setting is not in that file

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events