Malware suddenly this morning says Sourcetree has a Trojen-Inject issue.

Adrian_Tilston May 15, 2015

sourcetree.exe keeps getting inoculated.

7 answers

1 vote
Adrian_Tilston May 16, 2015

So I deleted all the .exe's and the .dll's in the program folder, downloaded the latest and greatest installer, ran it with repair option, set Malware to ignore the file, crossed my fingers and ran it. Seems all is well again.

0 votes
Darian Cabot May 17, 2015

I have the same problem. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) 2.1.6.1022 has quarantined SourceTree.exe and labelled it "Trojan.Intact" a few hours ago.

I restored the file and scanned with Avast Antivirus 2015 and it reports "no threat found", so it seems to be a false positive.

I'm running SourceTree 1.6.14.0 by the way.

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2015

Could you try with a different anti-malware to see if you still get this message?

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes

Had the problem - downloaded the installer - fixed/repaired - still have the problem

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

And the problem started after that, or that fixed the problem?

0 votes

I just downloaded the SourceTreeSetup_1.6.14.exe and fixed/repaired.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

What version of SourceTree are you running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events