Mac version won't show bookmarks screen

Kevin Ray June 7, 2014

SourceTree was working fine for me until I set up a second user on my iMac. Now from both accounts, SourceTree won't open the bookmarks screen/window. The new / clone command also doesn't open a window. I've removed and reinstalled the app several times and also removed the data in the ~/Library area but nothing has helped. Is there a way to fix this?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Ray June 13, 2014

The app was not working properly on Lion. The latest version has a fix and upgrading the OSX version also solves the problem.

1 vote
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Kevin and Eric,

Actually, I tried to find here would be the Source Tree logs but did find it.

Thanks Eric for your console logs! I’ve searched about these exactly errors that you’ve received about it seems a very common Mac OS X message, nothing specific to SourceTree.

I’m looking into this and one important step to troubleshooting is testing into the old versions, then we can understand if it happens only to the newers versions.

Kevin and Eric could you guys test the SourceTree 1.8.1? It’ll be only for the test purpose to check if this issue happen on the 1.8.1 too.

Here the SourceTree 1.8.1 in Atlassian SourceTree official link:

Other thing important is what Mac OS X are you guys running? Maybe it’s a bug related to some OS version.

There is this a bug report on jira.atlassian.comabout some troubles on v1.9.4 could be related:

Could you guys test it and let me know how it goes? I want to help you to solve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

gowans June 12, 2014

i'm on 10.7.5

i've gone back to 1.9.3 as that seems to work just fine. i did test out the 1.8.1 for you as well though and didn't run into any problem with that either.

i've been following the bug report as well. the 1.9.4 test app that was posted there seems to work as well but with some minor artifacts showing in the one of the list views.

thanks for your help.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Yes, according to the bug Henrique listed, there is a known problem with 1.9.4 on OSX 10.7. It should be fixed in the next release, or you can upgrade your OS to 10.8.

HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2014

Thanks Eric to share the solution with us :)

I’ve added the comment on the bug report to help the developers based on your answers.

Feel free to add yourselves as watcher of the bug report them you can get notified when it updates.

And Kevin please don’t forget to return to us sharing if it works for you too and selecting the correctly answer for this question, it can be useful for other persons that face the same problem.

Cheers,

Henrique Lechner

0 votes
gowans June 10, 2014

i too am having the same problems as kevin. and have tried the same troubleshooting.

bookmarks window won't open. have tried trashing the ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree and ~/Library/Preferences/com.torusknot.SourceTree* files and multiple reinstalls. checked and unchecked the "don't show bookmarks when starting" options. tried collecting all the windows to see if it was just off screen.

in addition to his problems i also don't have access to the recently opened menu. it shows up but nothing will open from there.

i'm not of the SourceTree logs but the console shows:

• 6/10/14 11:25:07.325 PM SourceTree: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSGetWindowPresenter
  • 6/10/14 11:25:07.325 PM SourceTree: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
  • 6/10/14 11:25:07.343 PM SourceTree: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 9018
  • 6/10/14 11:25:07.343 PM SourceTree: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSOrderWindowListWithGroups: invalid window ID (9018)
  • 6/10/14 11:25:07.343 PM SourceTree: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSOrderWindowList: NULL list pointer or empty list
when starting sourcetree up. nothing recent under the soucetree folder.
if there's something i need to do to get this to work, i'd like to know. i can work around the problems for now, but i really do like this tool.
thanks
0 votes
Kevin Ray June 8, 2014

Henrique, where are the logs located that I need to check?

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

Hi Kevin,

You’re right about the configurations on ~/Library that’ll be on each user on this location:

~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree

~/Library/Preferences/com.torusknot.SourceTree*

To better help you on this issue, I would ask you to check the SourceTree logs if there is no error related of this issue so I can further investigate it for you.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Kevin Ray June 8, 2014

Henrique, where are the logs located that I need to check?

Kevin Ray June 13, 2014

Henrique, I updated to Mavricks and now the app is working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events