Mac SourceTree produces a lot of errors due to old hg extenson, how do I reset to the correct ones

Duane Johnson March 1, 2012

I had TortoiseHg installed when I first ran SourceTree, I have since deleted it, but now SourceTree give me these errors.

*** failed to import extension gestalt from /Applications/TortoiseHg.app/Contents/Resources/kilnext/gestalt.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
*** failed to import extension kilnauth from /Applications/TortoiseHg.app/Contents/Resources/kilnext/kilnauth.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
*** failed to import extension kilnpath from /Applications/TortoiseHg.app/Contents/Resources/kilnext/kilnpath.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
*** failed to import extension big-push from /Applications/TortoiseHg.app/

etc.

I've got no extensons defined in my .hg/hgrc file but can't find where SourceTree set these paths.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

Tortoise probably added this to your ~/.hgrc (the global one, not the local .hg/hgrc), if you delete them there you should be fine.

0 votes
Garrett Henson March 29, 2012

I'm having the same problem.. where would I find the global hgrc file?

A little new to all this still

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2012

It's in your user home directory, a file called '.hgrc'. This is a hidden file becuase of the leading period so you won't see it in Finder unless you show hidden files. More simply as a one-off, you can just open Terminal and type:

open -t ~/.hgrc
0 votes
Duane Johnson March 18, 2012

Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events