Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac SourceTree 2.3 has no Preview for Finish Feature

ralvy May 17, 2016

After upgrading Mac SourceTree to 2.3 yesterday, I notice that it doesn't offer me a Preview when I choose HgFlow Finish Feature. Can I safely assume hitting OK will Merge the Feature to Develop? I posted this over at JIRA as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3789.

If I want to do downgrade, is there a safe way to do this?

8 answers

0 votes
ralvy June 25, 2016

Are there any plans to fix this?

0 votes
ralvy June 4, 2016

Still present in 2.3.1 for Mac OS X.

Start & Finish Feature both lack Preview.

Start Release lacks Preview, but Finish Release has Preview.

Start Hot Fix lacks Preview, but Finish Hot Fix has Preview.

0 votes
ralvy May 18, 2016

Thanks, Seth. In terms of uninstalling before downgrade-installing 2.1, is dragging 2.3 to the Trash adequate? Or are there some 2.3-specific files I need to clear out before installing 2.1?

How fast does Atlassian release bug fixes? I may just wait for the hotfix.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

I'm a Windows user, so I don't know what the best way is to uninstall on Macs.

I would guess a week or two for an update, but that's just a guess.

ralvy May 18, 2016

Well, in the mean time, if I keep 2.3 installed, can I assume that hitting the OK button in such a dialog will execute the default action? In this case, it would closing the feature branch and merging it with develop.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

I don't know. Try it, and check the results before you push to the remote. As long as you haven't pushed, you can reset your branches to the pre-merge state.

ralvy May 18, 2016

it works fine. I also notice that the Finish Release dialog is not corrupted this way. That is, it has an intact Preview Pane.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016
0 votes
ralvy May 18, 2016

Can I assume hitting the OK button is safe in this corrupted dialog? 

Is there a way to downgrade safely? 

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

The safest way to downgrade is to uninstall 2.3 and then install the previous version. If you don't still have the old installer lying around, there are ways to download it directly, but I'm not sure how people go about finding those links.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

@Görge Albrecht - you should hit the "Vote for this issue" link in the JIRA report. 

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

Edited your question to include the link to the bug report - Answers integrates JIRA links nicely.

0 votes
Görge Albrecht May 17, 2016

Same here for git-flow. Also for all actions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events