Mac SourceTree 2.3 has no Preview for Finish Feature

After upgrading Mac SourceTree to 2.3 yesterday, I notice that it doesn't offer me a Preview when I choose HgFlow Finish Feature. Can I safely assume hitting OK will Merge the Feature to Develop? I posted this over at JIRA as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3789.

If I want to do downgrade, is there a safe way to do this?

8 answers

Same here for git-flow. Also for all actions. 

Edited your question to include the link to the bug report - Answers integrates JIRA links nicely.

@Görge Albrecht - you should hit the "Vote for this issue" link in the JIRA report. 

Can I assume hitting the OK button is safe in this corrupted dialog? 

Is there a way to downgrade safely? 

The safest way to downgrade is to uninstall 2.3 and then install the previous version. If you don't still have the old installer lying around, there are ways to download it directly, but I'm not sure how people go about finding those links.

Thanks, Seth. In terms of uninstalling before downgrade-installing 2.1, is dragging 2.3 to the Trash adequate? Or are there some 2.3-specific files I need to clear out before installing 2.1?

How fast does Atlassian release bug fixes? I may just wait for the hotfix.

I'm a Windows user, so I don't know what the best way is to uninstall on Macs.

I would guess a week or two for an update, but that's just a guess.

Well, in the mean time, if I keep 2.3 installed, can I assume that hitting the OK button in such a dialog will execute the default action? In this case, it would closing the feature branch and merging it with develop.

I don't know. Try it, and check the results before you push to the remote. As long as you haven't pushed, you can reset your branches to the pre-merge state.

it works fine. I also notice that the Finish Release dialog is not corrupted this way. That is, it has an intact Preview Pane.

Still present in 2.3.1 for Mac OS X.

Start & Finish Feature both lack Preview.

Start Release lacks Preview, but Finish Release has Preview.

Start Hot Fix lacks Preview, but Finish Hot Fix has Preview.

Are there any plans to fix this?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you