Mac OS Maverick with ssh key from Windows 7

Ribbon Dinh August 20, 2014

I have ssh key on Windows 7 machine and i don't want to generate other key on Mac OS. How can i re-use that key?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

There are actually two files, the public key (which you've put on remote servers) and a private key. You just need to copy the private key to your Mac. If you generated your keys with PuTTYgen, you'll need to make sure you've got the OpenSSH format for your private key if you want it to work on the Mac. PuTTYgen can convert it for you.

Ribbon Dinh August 24, 2014

@Seth Foss: Thanks for your reply,

I have 4 files, 2 for github generator, 2 for PuTTY generator. I copied to ~/.ssh folder and add it to key chain. And i'm very thank if you support me step by step.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Sorry, but I don't know anything about key management in OSX. However, the OS shouldn't be able to tell the difference between a private key generated locally and one copied from another machine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events