Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Owners Failed with Sourcetree Mac

Louis He February 7, 2022

Hi Guys,

Today Sourcetree for Mac can't see my team Repository

and When I trying to create a Repository it showing

Loading Owners Failed

message: This endpoint has been removed. See our documentation for more information. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-teams/#api-user-permissions-teams-get

I checked this url https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-teams/#api-user-permissions-teams-get

List team permissions for the user DEPRECATED

Sourcetree 4.1.5 is currently the newest version available.

Does the last Sourcetree for Mac can't compatible with the latest API of bitbucket Cloud?

Thank you

17 answers

6 votes
catapult-antwerpen February 9, 2022

We also have the same error since yesterday. API endpoint deprecated. Sourcetree Mac version 4.1.5.

Can someone have a look at this?

4 votes
natedin February 8, 2022

Same issue, none of the suggested fixes work - even uninstalling and reinstall results in same error message

Louis He February 15, 2022

Really need to wait for a new version of Sourcetree to be released

natedin March 25, 2022

One method is adding the repo to BitBucket first, then cloning that to the desired location which will then allow you to commit to remote repo (act normally) 

I also can't believe this still hasn't been fixed... 

2 votes
bickster February 16, 2023

It's been a year now. Any plans to fix this?

brainforge March 12, 2023

yes it's unbelievable - also working on mac (m1) and still the same error since over a year now ... can't understand why this is not getting fixed..

bc1980 March 12, 2023

This issue has been resolved in version 4.2.2(250).

Like brainforge likes this
brainforge March 12, 2023

Indeed… thx for answering quite fast..

for anyone else stumbeling across this issue - in order to fix it i also had to generate an api key for my account after that it worked..

the only thing still not working is when itry to clone a remote directory after creating it - i always get an error that says the url is not valid… wheni try the to clone from url option and paste the url from bitbucket online then it works..

2 votes
David Alexander Wollesen September 20, 2022

It's still an issue for me on 4.2.0 (246). 

2 votes
Arclite83 July 30, 2022

July 30th 2022, still happening, just came here from a Google search.

I KNOW I can make the repo online and then copy my data over, but that's not really the point is it...

spol55 August 23, 2022

Can anyone please do or say anything about this? I'm on version 4.1.9 on Mac and it doesn't work!

Like # people like this
2 votes
Louis He March 20, 2022

It's over 1 month and still doesn't work. Any plans to fix it?

1 vote
Isaac Warsame February 15, 2023

Surprisingly, it's Feb 2023 and it's still not fixed. Lacklustre performance Atlassian. Do Better.

1 vote
Nathaniel Bagnell March 7, 2022

I am experiencing the same issue on 4.1.6

Juan Peñuelas Martínez March 11, 2022

me too! is there a solution?

Arno Kools March 18, 2022

Same here when trying to create remote repo.

But I can push to existing remote repos.

A workaround that works for me is to create the repo online and clone it locally.
Then move your project files to this location OR move the .git folder from the cloned location to your working directory.

1 vote
Will Hayman February 8, 2022

We are also having this issue. Some team-members cannot see any shared Workspace repos, and none of us can create remote repos because Sourcetree still tries to use the Owner endpoint. 

0 votes
Ajay Thakur May 23, 2023

I've have given up on Sourcetree and migrated to github & Github Desktop client is quite stable.

it has been ages and still this issue is not fixed also source tree is not working properly for apple M1 & M2. 

0 votes
Christian Plessl October 18, 2022

Is there still no solution to this?

0 votes
ThymeNassau August 26, 2022

Still no resolution to this and it's now the end of August.

Atlassian need to get on this!!

0 votes
mobiusinteractive June 2, 2022

Any update here? Still having the same issue?

0 votes
woozybro May 9, 2022

So it is April (2022) now, I'm running Sourcetree 4.1.8 (243) which according to the "Check for Updates" should be the current version and I'm still getting this error while trying to create a remote repository. 

Any solutions coming?

If there is a solution to be found somewhere else, my apologies but this thread is the first result I get when searching Google.

woozybro May 9, 2022

The workaround mentioned by @Arno Kools seems to also work for me.

• Create a repository on the Bitbucket website
  • Clone that repository to the required local location using "Clone in Sourcetree"
  • Move the files to the local repository
  • Commit and Push in Sourcetree
Like Venkat Krisshna likes this
Venkat Krisshna March 18, 2023

Thank you very much for this suggestion. I did this and was able to publish my repo to remote.

0 votes
Ajay Thakur May 1, 2022

This issue is still not fixed :/

0 votes
Michael Brumm April 15, 2022

Any updates on this issue?

0 votes
unnanego February 9, 2022

You really should read the forum before posting - almost every post now is about this. They wrote in one of the first ones that it would took them 2 weeks to fix, one week has passed, so waiting...

Will Hayman February 9, 2022

This is a non-contribution. Not sure what you mean "the forum" this IS the forum, no? Or you mean the Open Issues log? Either way, this is the now the first hit on Google for me searching for the issue. 

Like # people like this
Louis He February 15, 2022

ya no luck I'm back to cli

pentool March 25, 2022

The "2 weeks" has passed a month ago...

Like iforabe likes this
jeanfabre August 29, 2022

still not fixed in august 2022... version 4.1.9 (245), this is getting silly, either fix it or remove the interface and wizard, but don't leave a feature hanging like that, that doesn't work for so many month now...

Like RubenAh likes this
RubenAh August 29, 2022

It's ridiculous, isn't it? You know something is wrong when a company can't even stay up to date with their own API (for months!). At this point, I'm only subscribed to this topic out of sheer curiosity. 

As an actual solution, I recommend switching to something like GitKraken and saving yourself the headache.

jeanfabre August 29, 2022

yep, they are ruining their reputations on this. the frustration is growing, maybe things are not going so well, because I just can't explain otherwise to leave such important issues unattended, this is what made sourcetree better than other solutions. Now, what's left that justifies using it... we are indeed switching...

Like RubenAh likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events