Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing/setup for Sourcetree in a computer lab?

Zach Heise August 24, 2016

Dear Atlassian or other Sourcetree experts,

I'm a computer lab administrator for a school. One of our teachers wants me to get Sourcetree on 60 machines in a computer lab I manage. I've been doing some reading online and it seems that sometime in the past couple years, Atlassian has changed the licensing from a code you put in, to an account you sign into. Well...okay. I don't mind having "my" account signed in on 60 machines - but I do need to find a way to clone this licensing from the Administrator account on Windows, to all the other accounts that will be signing in on this machine once I capture its image and distribute it to 60 other machines.

Is this possible anymore, or no? Is there any way to pay Atlassian for a proper, multi-user license key like...um...every other piece of normal software out there? Because this is really a pain in the rump for administrative academic setup.

2 answers

0 votes
Zach Heise August 25, 2016

Our security guy doesn't want me to install an old version of the software either. He's right, of course - it's bad practice to try to evade a program's newly-added bad behavior by hiding behind old updates.

Our only other option is just to...not use Sourcetree. I don't want to have to tell a professor that, though...

0 votes
Thomas Pemberton August 25, 2016

I am in the exact same situation.  Any kind of install without the login requirement or some other (automated) solution to license on a bunch of computers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events