Latest Sourcetree release issues

David Stevens September 14, 2017

I've just updated my source tree and I can no longer see and of the file changes or commits I can only view my branches on the left side of the screen.

Is this a known issue?

Can you please ensure your developers actually "PROPERLY" test this software before releasing. It's starting to become a bit of a joke how often they manage to drop the ball come release time.

A lot of people rely on this as developers because it's in my opinion the best GIT Gui available and it's a shame they screw something up virtually every release.

2 answers

0 votes
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2017

Both mac and windows versions of ST are absolutely terrible on showing local file changes. I've never seen it this bad. I just posted a discussion on this.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi,

No we were not aware of this problem. It certainly didn't come up during testing.

Can I confirm my understanding, when you open Sourcetree it opens 1 (or more) tabs to show repositories and the open tab is showing the left hand sidebar tree of branches, remotes etc but nothing is appearing in the File Status or Log views in the main panel?

Does this happen for all your bookmarks/repos?
Are there any error prompts?
Is there anything in the %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\souretree.log that is relevant?
Finally, assuming you are using Git, does the behaviour change if you go into Tools/Options/Git and disable libgit2 ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events