Latest Sourcetree release issues

I've just updated my source tree and I can no longer see and of the file changes or commits I can only view my branches on the left side of the screen.

Is this a known issue?

Can you please ensure your developers actually "PROPERLY" test this software before releasing. It's starting to become a bit of a joke how often they manage to drop the ball come release time.

A lot of people rely on this as developers because it's in my opinion the best GIT Gui available and it's a shame they screw something up virtually every release.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi,

No we were not aware of this problem. It certainly didn't come up during testing.

Can I confirm my understanding, when you open Sourcetree it opens 1 (or more) tabs to show repositories and the open tab is showing the left hand sidebar tree of branches, remotes etc but nothing is appearing in the File Status or Log views in the main panel?

Does this happen for all your bookmarks/repos?
Are there any error prompts?
Is there anything in the %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\souretree.log that is relevant?
Finally, assuming you are using Git, does the behaviour change if you go into Tools/Options/Git and disable libgit2 ?

Both mac and windows versions of ST are absolutely terrible on showing local file changes. I've never seen it this bad. I just posted a discussion on this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

992 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you